Now a Word from Our Sponsor...

We wish! Do you have a favorite tool or tool story? Post a comment and tell us about it. We would love to hear from those of you who are following us on our house building journey!The Hammer

A hammer on the wall in a carpenters house is usually a symbol that tells visitors it was a very important tool involved in the construction...My "hammer" is a 19.2 volt cordless drill by Craftsman. I tell you what, it has been like a pocket on a shirt, always there and handier than well...A pocket on a shirt. My father-in-law is one of those guys that has two of every tool made. After he saw how well my Craftsman drill performed on my cousin's project (a 30x50 steel building) he wanted one. So when Christmas came that following winter, his very own was wrapped under the tree. The newer version still performs as good as they did when I got mine. My drill is around eight years old. (It's the 75th anniversary edition...so however long ago that was.)

Our house has at least 4,000 square foot of 26 gauge steel roofing with about 5,000 screws in it. My father-in-law and I used our Craftsman drills to put in everyone of 'em. Batteries recharge faster than you do, so there is no down time, and there is plenty of power. In fact, too much if you hit an I-beam. When this happens you have to be careful not to break the screws off, even though we used the highest quality screws, made by Sealtite. I even dropped my drill from twenty feet up one day. (My Father in Law calls me dropsy because I do drop everything.) Anyways, it didn't even faze it. (Not even so much as a crack.) After we are finished with this house, I am gonna be sure to find to find a place on the wall for my drill. I am just gonna have to make sure it's easily accessible for more projects...(Ok the Welding Wife has to step in at some point... She will be in charge of decorating...) In closing I would just like to say Thank you Craftsman for making such a high quality, impact resistant, stout as a bull, portable tool....

Comments

Popular Posts