Working on the Rooftop

We decided to get a bid on having someone roof the house for us due to the steepness and the time it would take. After getting the bid, we decided to do it ourselves. What a rewarding experience it turned out to be. My Jason and my dad work so well together, I think they can accomplish anything.

We started on the back of the house doing both sides except for the angled pieces that had to be cut.We did the same thing on the front.


There were a few crazy and scary parts...and I guess you could say creative when it came to how to get to certain spots. I was so nervous the entire time and I was on the ground!
All of the uncut pieces are up!

Next, we angle cut tin pieces to fill in the holes.

My Grandpa wanted us to take some pictures of a fence a few of his sons built behind their house. While there, I tried to show him how you could see our house from there.






Next, it was time to sheet the peak.
The guys tied off a ladder that worked wonders! (That is what my dad is sitting on.)

Dr. Angel only had to visit a few times for minor injuries. When you cut the tin it is razor sharp.


It is really starting to look like a house!


It's getting dark, but look at that!

Comments

Popular Posts